Hazel Grove Elementary was founded in 1870, a one-room school located near Bannister Road and Blue Parkway.
In 1940, a new four-room school was built on the current site, donated by Unity Village. The school, a Works Public Administration project by the Roosevelt Administration, was one of the most modern schools in the area at the time. In 1949, Hazel Grove became part of the newly formed Lee’s Summit Reorganized School District #7. Several additons to the school have kept Hazel Grove a modern facility.
Hazel Grove has an enrollment, typically around 380 students. Hazel Grove has a very diverse student body, both ethnically and socio-economically. Hazel Grove is known for excellence in learning. Many former students have received National Merit Scholarship recognition.
2001 NW Blue Parkway, Lee's Summit, MO 64064
8:55 AM - 4:10 PM
9:10 AM - 4:10 PM
10:10 AM - 4:10 PM
9:10 AM - 1:40 PM
Navy and Gold